East White Oak is searching for an Associate Pastor of Junior High Youth and Teaching
Please consider the job description below, review the Constitution and Relational Commitments documents, and explore our youth website. If you feel like your gifts would match this role, please submit your resume and application to [email protected].
East White Oak Bible Church is located in rural Central Illinois, just minutes away from Bloomington/Normal (population 131,416). Our active youth roster includes over 130 students in Junior and Senior High.
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF JUNIOR HIGH YOUTH AND TEACHING
- Biblically qualified pastor capable of effective spiritual leadership.
- Evident personal and spiritual maturity
- Doctrinal and philosophical compatibility with East White Oak Bible Church
- Team player and harmonious fit with current East White Oak staff and youth staff
- Preference given to Bible College or Seminary graduate with some experience.
- Wholehearted commitment to East White Oak’s focus of “seeking to be worshipers, maturing in Christ,” vital signs of “rooted in scripture, growing in Christ, and making disciples,” and pathways of discipleship of large group, Bible fellowship, and small group sizes of meeting.
- Give effective leadership to a disciple making junior high youth ministry, helping students become worshipers, maturing in Christ, including effective outreach to peers who do not know Christ.
- Give sound biblical teaching to senior high students, helping them to become worshipers, maturing in Christ.
Directing Junior High Ministry
- Provide effective Bible teaching for large and small group gatherings: Coordinate with the six year teaching program for Junior and Senior High. Develop curricula and teaching calendar for small groups that coordinate with large group meetings. Equip and train effective teaching substitutes
- Recruit and train volunteer staff, including senior high youth who desire to mentor junior highers.
- Maintain good communication of program changes and needs to volunteer staff
- Provide counseling to students and parents as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with both students and parents of students
- Develop outreach opportunities to reach local Junior Highers for Christ
- Administrate the activities of Junior High ministry with attention to detail and strong communication: Creating successful transitions into and out of Junior High ministry. Develop an ongoing calendar of events, including retreats, outreach and service opportunities, and group building events which coordinate with the overall church calendar and of Senior High ministry.
- Maintain a godly and enthusiastic spirit that impacts students to seek to be worshipers, maturing in Christ. Display self-discipline and maturity in conscientiously carrying forward ministry responsibilities.
- Coordinate Junior High ministry in a cooperative way with Senior High ministry
- Provide routine reporting as requested by Senior Pastor, Senior Associate Pastor, and the church board (Elders/Deacons).
Senior High Youth Ministry
- Teaching: Provide teaching for Senior High Sunday Night youth group. Coordinate teaching plan with Pastor Walt.
- Shepherding: Provide counseling to parents and students as needed
- Preach in the main service when needed
- Provide hospital and shut-in visitation regularly
- Other duties to be determined by skill set and giftedness
- Senior Pastor for day to day activities
- Associate Pastor of Senior High Youth for teaching in Senior High
- The elders of East White Oak in general responsibilities